Thursday, June 5, 2008

Rain on the Roses




This Spring we have had so much rain in Missouri. It has been really great for the roses. They are blooming and what a spectacle it is. They are possessing an iridescent quality that I haven't seen in past blooms on the same bushes. I love Jackson and Perkins roses. The two roses above are Jackson and Perkins roses - but the names have escaped my memory since one of them is decades old. I received it from a neighbor. Her husband passed away and was the keeper of the rose bush, it was given to me after he died. The other one I planted twelve years ago when I moved into my home.

About Me

My photo
Fenton, Missouri, United States
I shop. I Share. Design is about ingenuity, being resourceful, quality, scale and beauty. Aside from being a consumer, I am part of the professional design community. This blog Actual Design is about increasing awareness of professionally designed merchandise in the marketplace. My mission as a consumer is to find timeless pieces in the here and now. Not the next best thing or not the biggest bargain. Written 9-16-2007