Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hand Outs

Having an art and design professor for a father, I have received pieces of paper containing valuable information from him my entire life. In the mail, at his events, when I visit his home and studio. I have boxes of handouts. At the end of every year I organize the handouts.

My father a mid-century architect and designer is an expert in modern design history, materials and quality. While most children took trips to Disney, I went on tours of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings and other modern architects homes as a young child. It was amazing.

I finally made it to Disney in Florida for my stepdaughters wedding. My son in Law, a KU graduate has family in Florida -- Perfect! When I finally arrived the first thing that came out of my mouth was - IT'S PLASTIC! (meaning the castle).

One of my favorite quotes from my favorite handout that I keep in my studio is a quote from John Ruskin

"There is hardly anything in the world that man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are man's lawful prey." John Ruskin

Find more John Ruskin quotes on http://www.quotationspage.com/

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Fenton, Missouri, United States
I shop. I Share. Design is about ingenuity, being resourceful, quality, scale and beauty. Aside from being a consumer, I am part of the professional design community. This blog Actual Design is about increasing awareness of professionally designed merchandise in the marketplace. My mission as a consumer is to find timeless pieces in the here and now. Not the next best thing or not the biggest bargain. Written 9-16-2007